High-conflict behaviour is characterized by unmanaged emotions, extreme reactions, preoccupation with blaming others, and prolonged, unresolved conflict. Such behaviour not only seriously damages relationships in the workplace but also frequently results in complaints of bullying and harassment, grievances and other legal headaches for both employers and unions. This in-depth training session will equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to prevent high-conflict behavior from disrupting both employer and union operations and giving rise to costly litigation.
Participants will learn:
- Brain science behind high-conflict behaviour, including current knowledge about High-Conflict Personalities (HCPs)
- Principles of progressive discipline and accommodation that apply to dealing with high-conflict behaviour
- Strategies for managing your own anxiety when dealing with HCPs
- Approaches to coaching HCPs to take responsibility for resolving their own conflicts in the workplace
- Practical techniques ready to be used in the workplace, including:
- Connecting skills – using empathy, attention and respect (E.A.R.) to communicate and build effective working
relationships with HCPs
- Assertion skills – using brief, informative, friendly, but firm (B.I.F.F.) responses to counter misinformation or
Please contact email@example.com for more details.